Due to recent events, Terrific Twos is cancelled until further notice. Due to recent events, Terrific Twos is cancelled until further notice. Due to recent events, Terrific Twos is cancelled until further notice. Due to recent events, Terrific Twos is cancelled until further notice.
This group would not be possible without the help of our brilliant families who co-facilitate by helping out in so many ways. Most of our resources are donated for which we are grateful. This group would not be possible without the help of our brilliant families who co-facilitate by helping out in so many ways. Most of our resources are donated for which we are grateful.
We meet in the Main Hall every Friday, 8.45am - 10.15am.
If you have registered for our school Nursery, an invite will come to you through the post around the time that your child is 20 months.
If you have not yet registered, please speak to our lovely Office staff, who will pass on your details to Angela Beaumont.
'Terrific Twos’ provides an outstanding provision for pre-school children. With detailed and careful planning each week, the School Community Liaison, Angela Beaumont, works closely with parents and carers to provide the best possible learning experiences for children who will be attending our school Nursery.
Reasons for this approach:
We pride ourselves on forming excellent relationships with both children and parents/carers, prior to them starting on their school journey with us at Dalton School. During our sessions, we work hard on developing communication skills and personal and social skills, as well as discussing toileting and general school readiness.
There is toast, fruit and a drink for the children and adults entirely free of charge!
We have good quality toys, books, resources and well planned activities designed for children to make relationships with their peers whilst supported by their familiar adult.
At the end of each session we have story/singing/ring games/music sessions.
Our lending book library is then open and encouraged to be used by all. Each child is provided with their own book bag.
Progress is documented through the 'Terrific Two's Tracker'
This follows the same Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
It is a shared document between the family and school and is regularly updated by both.
Quotes Dec 2019
"Both me and G love coming to Terrific Two's group. G gets to experience lots of activities and playing with other children, getting her ready for Nursery and school" - H and G
"This is a quieter session (than toddlers) concentrated play. Y was allowed to come before to which helped us both to get out of the house. He's learning to share and be in a different environment to home" - S and Y
"The children like their own book bag and feel grown up carrying them into Terrific Two's and they like changing them every week" - L
"I like the families that attend - a good group of people. Helps parents and children to get to know the school and each other. Lots of activities, good variety. Like singing songs and rhymes"
"We like friends, songs, games, crafts. Getting to meet their Nursery class, story and singing" - C and M
10 Nursery Rhymes for us to learn
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Hickory Dickory Dock
Incy Wincy Spider
Miss Polly Had A Dolly
Wind The Bobbin Up
Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Old Macdonald Had A Farm
These children are all ready to start our Nursery after attending our 'Terrific Two's' group.
A few quotes from our parent/carer feedback forms - July 2019
- L and R - 'It has been a great opportunity for my child to make friends and become comfortable in a school setting before attending Nursery. Thank you very much. R has enjoyed songs and story time and playing with toys that she doesn't have at home.'
- A and F - 'I like the social friendly session, interacting with children and Parents whose children he will attend school with. It is never boring with the seasonal and appropriate activities set out each week.'
A few quotes from our parent/carer feedback forms - 2018/19
- ‘F and O enjoyed exploring the ice tray. F was trying to excavate a leaf with the hammer. O said the ice was ‘very cold’. They described the ice as ‘cold like snow – wet – smooth – see through like glass. This activity was good fun.’
- ‘ L plays quietly but has started to interact more today. L enjoys the story and singing the most. We enjoyed today being a quieter group but enjoy coming every week.’
- ‘Enjoys painting, colouring, water, oats, and rice. Crafts also a favourite. Sometimes overwhelmed when larger volumes of children attend. Loves singing sessions and the interactive story.’
- ‘More confident around other children and learning to share and play. Tries 90% of the activities in the room. Enjoys the sensory play and painting the most.’
- ‘I really am grateful for Terrific Two’s. My son and I both get a lot out of it. We both get to socialise, make new friendships/relationships. I have the opportunity to participate in activities with my son but give him the freedom to play and socialise with other adults and children. This group boosts our self-esteem and confidence, so thank you Mrs B for giving the adults and children this time to build these important relationships before they start nursery.'