Our School VALUES, Vision and Mission
Our vision is to inspire an aspiration for individual and community success through hard work,
bold endeavour, respect,
resilience and partnership.
From little acorns, mighty oaks will grow.
A Value is a principle that guides our thinking and our behaviour.
At Dalton School, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values are intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every pupil throughout the school.
The whole staff team, parents and pupils are involved in promoting values and recognising where others are ‘living the values’.
D - Determination
A - Aspiration
L - Love
T - Tolerance
O - Optimism
N - Nurture
Our Aims for our Children
- To ensure that children, of all abilities and needs, are happy and have a love of life and learning
- To develop enquiring minds where children ask questions and lead their own learning
- To develop self confidence and aspiration to succeed
- To have mutual respect for the school and its community and be tolerant, compassionate and well behaved
- To feel safe in a nurturing and inclusive environment where wider opportunities underpin a rich and challenging curriculum
- To develop perseverance, endeavour and enterprise
- To understand the importance of upholding British values and celebrating diversity
Our Aims for Teaching and Learning
- To sustain a safe, inclusive environment where children’s individual needs are met
- To value children and personalise and tailor a broad, balanced and enriching curriculum so that they become dynamic and aspiring learners
- To inspire children to become self-motivated, eager to learn and respectful of their own and others’ learning
- To inspire children to ask their own questions, take risks and lead their own learning
- To be purposeful in their learning and acquire basic skills in reading, writing and mathematics and persevere through timely and supportive intervention
Our Aims for Our Community
- To give everyone the opportunity to succeed
- To open and maintain an honest and open dialogue
- To support community need by providing services and support for parents and carers
- To empower parents and carers to become partners in their children’s learning
- To seek creative approaches to collaboration, pastoral support and fundraising
- To become beacons of hope for our community and its future
Our Aims for Finance, Resources and Premises
- To ensure that the school and its resource achieves value for money
- To strategically plan for improvement and make effective and efficient budgetary decisions
- To ensure that pupil premium, and additional needs budgets and associated provision is tailored to need
- To ensure that the school is clean, tidy and that capital works are planned to reflect risk assessment outcomes and the changing needs of children within a diverse and aspirational community