How are we doing?
As Governors we are passionate about what we do and welcome feedback and suggestions from parents, pupils and the community to guide us. We shall maintain close links with the school to help the school continue to be successful.
Parents are invited to access the school website via “Governors” to obtain further information about who we are and meetings held this year.
At a governor meeting held on the 8th January 2020, we agreed on 3 governor priorities for the rest of the school year. These are:
- To monitor the delivery of the School Improvement Plan, with specific emphasis on the new curriculum.
- To ensure all governors are well prepared for an Ofsted inspection.
- To focus on the retention, recruitment and development (including succession planning) of governors.
Detailed below are a range of topics covered by the governors since November 2019:
- A review of reading was undertaken, with drop-in visits to guided reading sessions and pupil voice interviews with KS1, lower and upper KS2 pupils.
- A presentation of the new curriculum was provided to governors.
- A meeting with the Safeguarding Officer was held.
For the spring term, governors shall continue to undertake appropriate curriculum reviews, as well as specific meetings regarding; Behaviour and Attitude, Early Years (reading-phonics) and staff well-being.
On a personal note, the governors would like to welcome Hannah Bamforth as our new staff governor.
Please note the next update will be in the summer term.